Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shoemaking Supplies and Equipment
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Custom Cowboy Boots & Shoes Discussion Board: Shoemaking Supplies and Equipment
Thanks mark, I get it now. I will contact him.

I know he owns one, but not sure he is willing to let it go. When he travels they make him send it through baggage, for they mistake it as a wepon but but sending it through baggage makes him very nervous. There are not many of these finders in the world today. But for my classes at lastmakingschool.com it would very be helpful.

Colin, A kripendorf finder is a tool attatched to a last sizing stick that alows a last maker to find the instep and other measurment points on the top of the last after the cone has been applied. It allows him/her to make sure that both lasts are even in these areas. I guess you could call it a last makers' square.

-marlietta
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Thank you for the response Marlietta; does it look like a right angled piece of plastic? If so, Have you checked TIM SKYRME?; he has a 'shoemakers square'available at his site.
Making lasts sounds like it is very difficult to be precise.
02-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Marlietta:
I have one that I use and might be available. Call if possible..

JP
03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks colin for your responce, about the kripendorf finder. It is rather hard to discribe really.

It has an adjustable arm on the lastmakers stick in front that slides up and down.and it has an arm that completes a square touching the measuring points on top the last. It has a scratcher too to make a scratch point.
06-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Hi all, I am looking for a basic lacer shoe vamp pattern to attempt a pair of golf shoes for a client. Would any of you have and be willing to send me a copy for a mens 9.5? Please? Maybe?...
jbtlc@q.com