Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ariat Boot Repair question
06-29-2014, 09:30 AM
Ariat Boot Repair question
I have a pair of boots in my shop that are made with bonded soles. Any suggestions on replacement soles, glues to use?

Is repair even possible? Or worth the headache??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2014, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2014 07:31 AM by Joe.)
RE: Ariat Boot Repair question
Good luck, it depends on how they're made. Some of them have a plastic insole with the vamp & lining just turned under and glued, with the sole glued on over that. If that's the case, the best way is to peel the vamp off the insole and turn it out, glue on a sole, and glue the vamp between the sole and new welt (just glued over the vamp, not inseamed), then stitch as usual.
06-30-2014, 08:12 AM
I will post a picture tomorrow.

What adhesive holds best and are there suppliers handling these type of one piece molded full soles?
06-30-2014, 01:36 PM
I don't know about molded soles, we usually use leather or Vibram V-bar soles. We've had really good luck with Jet Set All Time cement, 2 coats on each part.
07-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Most Ariat models are just a Chinese tennis shoe made to look like a cowboy boot. You generally destroy any structural integrity in the removal of the sole. After you've done all the work, it's never worth whatever you have charged. I only repair Ariat boots that have a leather sole. And even then I hold my nose.
07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
    finished